FT-Facility Maintenance Manager – SLC
Location: Salt Lake City
House of Hope (HOH) is seeking a skilled and experienced Facility Maintenance person to maintain safe operations, schedule repairs and oversee renovation projects at five houses and two buildings in Salt Lake City.
House of Hope is a nonprofit organization established in 1956 with the mission of empowering women, strengthening families, and promoting recovery in our community. As Utah’s oldest treatment center, HOH has a long legacy of employing staff who are dedicated to the mission of spreading hope, nurturing healing, and encouraging personal growth in our colleagues, our clients, and our organization. We offer a culture of camaraderie, creativity, and collaboration as we work to make a difference in the lives of the families we serve.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30-5 pm, on site, no remote work
Compensation: $23-26/hour, $47K-54K annually
Generous benefits packages including health insurance for self and family, dental insurance, long-term disability, EAP, life insurance.
Holidays, vacation, and sick days equal 34 paid days off in first year.
After one year of employment, 401(k) dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%.
Mileage and phone reimbursement if used for work.
Employee recognition, bonuses, awards, and other incentives offered.
- Experience with general maintenance and facility management.
- Ability to effectively organize tasks and work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Must be physically, mentally, and emotionally able to perform duties without hazard to self, including lifting, moving, deliveries, and various manual labor projects.
- Able to operate maintenance tools, drive vehicles including vans.
- Basic computer skills such as word processing, daily timecard program and tracking spreadsheets.
Keep 7 facilities in SLC in operation in compliance with state licensure requirements, safety regulations, and general maintenance and upkeep schedule of properties, inside and out.
Determine repairs needed, schedule bids and oversee projects involving plumbing, carpentry, electric, HVAC, painting, and other typical services by outside providers.
Communicate effectively with staff, residents, repair persons, and safety inspection people in a positive, professional manner to build relationships, problem-solve, and maintain facilities successfully.
Complete regular preventative maintenance on plumbing, hot water heaters, changing filters, draining sprinklers, maintaining tools and equipment and other duties to ensure effective functioning of all appliances and systems.
Move furniture, especially twin beds, and cribs to accommodate rooms to size of family a few times a month in a few rooms. Hang mirrors, shelving, blinds or other décor as needed.
Maintain yards of properties including lawn mowing, trimming, basic trimming, landscaping basics and other yard maintenance year-round.
Conduct monthly fire inspections, including fire drills, weekly fire suppression equipment checks, fire hazards check, escapes routes check, and alarms/security systems check.
Coordinate with the development department to pick up donations, as needed.
Conduct weekly walk-through inspections of all buildings and grounds to provide a weekly Facility Report to the Operations Director.
Assist with coordination of renovation projects and grants in compliance with funding sources.
Manage emergencies as needed and provide occasional on-call services which are paid at an additional rate for after hours or weekends (and should be rare).
Prepare facilities for weather and weather-related events to minimize damage to buildings or harm to residents or staff.
Basic training of staff or residents, tracking warranties, appliance purchases and expenses and other duties as stipulated as job evolves based on experience and expertise.
- Non-smoking/vaping, no nicotine work site inside or outside all facilities during all work hours.
- 21+ years old.
- Background check and drug test required.
- If in recovery, have at least 2+ years of sobriety.
- Vaccination recommended but not required.
- Must have own personal, reliable vehicle to use at work and current Utah driver’s license/good driving record required.
Please send resume, cover letter, three professional references, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job title you are applying for in the subject line. Thank you!