Family Case Manager – FT
Location: Salt Lake City
House of Hope, a local nonprofit, empowers women, strengthens families, and promotes recovery in our community. As Utah’s oldest treatment center, we have a long legacy of employing staff who are dedicated to the mission of spreading hope, nurturing healing, and encouraging personal growth in our colleagues, our clients, and our organization. We offer a culture of camaraderie, creativity, and collaboration as we work collectively to make a difference in the lives of the families we serve.
“As one of the Lead Child Development Specialists at Hope Center, I learned how to work with kids of all ages ranging from 6 months to 8 years old. With help from the supportive and strong people that make up the children’s team, I grew my ability to respond to and help young people in trauma-informed ways that encourages independence, trust, and understanding. I jumped on an opportunity to work in another position at House of Hope as the Family Case Manager, and I am excited to continue working closely with the children’s team at Hope Center.” – Katie, Children’s Development Specialist Lead
We are seeking a new employee with a passion for helping children and their mothers in recovery. House of Hope is a great setting to receive comprehensive training in community resources, family reunification, and meeting the needs of high-risk families. Our non-profit organization is unique in that we specialize in working with young children (birth to age 8) in residential and outpatient treatment with the majority reunifying with their mother while she attends substance use disorders treatment at House of Hope. This collaboration of services gives each child a better chance of building a stronger bond with a mother who is working toward recovery and self-sufficiency in the community.
The successful House of Hope applicant will:
- Be self-motivated and quick learner who enjoys working with young children and their parents
- Be able to run parenting groups, social skills groups, and other treatment methods for adults and children
- Be an organized multi-tasker who prefers working in a job with a variety of tasks
- Prefer working with others in a team to accomplish a goal but also have the initiative to be successful on their own
- Possess excellent direct communication and writing skills
Do these qualifications match your education, experience, and skillset?
- Can work in stressful situations, problem solve, and stay calm during crises
- Proficient at documentation and managing a caseload of families including evaluation, testing, treatment planning, parent consultation, and accessing community resources
- Experience in working with families, running groups, or human service programs
- Interested in learning more about non-profit organizations, treatment programs, and children’s issues
- Proficient at computer basics
- Excellent time management
- Has a sense of humor
- Most importantly, has a passion for working on a collaborative team to help women and children in need
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fulltime, 40 hours/week
- M, W, F: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- T, Th: 11:00am – 7:30pm
$18.00/hour and a full benefits package, including:
- Health insurance: approximately 90% of employee premium paid
- Dental insurance: approximately 100% of employee premium paid
- 2x salary life insurance policy (no cost to employee)
- Paid holidays, sick, and vacation (equivalent to 30+ days off paid per year!)
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% after one year of employment
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) offered completely free 24/7/365
- Employee recognition, bonuses, paid training and other incentives are available
- We will help you work toward licensure
- Non-smoking work site
- 21+ years old
- Pass background check and drug test
- If in recovery, have at least two (2) years of sobriety
- Recommend vaccination against COVID-19 and flu
- Personal transportation, good driving record and UT driver’s license
Send the following to email@example.com:
- BRIEF STATEMENT OF INTEREST/COVER LETTER (may be in body of email) indicating which position you are applying for with explanation of why this position interests you and the skills/talents/interests that would make you a good candidate.
- THREE (3) PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES
House of Hope’s MISSION:
- Treating substance use disorders, rebuilding lives, strengthening families, and empowering women.
House of Hope’s Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) Statement:
- House of Hope celebrates diversity by elevating empathy, encouraging inclusivity, and challenging inequity through education, awareness, and action.
House of Hope (HOH) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on achieving the HOH mission without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability, or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.