Live-in Women’s Recovery House Manager
Location: Salt Lake City
***Due to licensing regulations and supervision requirements, this position is open to FEMALE CANDIDATES only.***
UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO LIVE RENT-FREE IN HISTORIC SOUTH TEMPLE MANSION!
This is an ideal position for a mature female role model to manage a twelve-bed recovery house for women who are in substance use disorders outpatient treatment. All rent and utilities paid for this newly remodeled apartment with private entrance for manager of beautiful historic residence with 9 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms near the University of Utah.
This position is open to female applicants only due to licensing requirements of gender specific facility.
House of Hope (HOH), a local nonprofit, empowers women, strengthens families, and promotes recovery in our community. As Utah’s oldest treatment center, we have a long legacy of employing staff who are dedicated to the mission of spreading hope, nurturing healing, and encouraging personal growth in our colleagues, our clients, and our organization. We offer a culture of camaraderie, creativity, and collaboration as we work collectively to make a difference in the lives of the families we serve.
The Recovery House Manager will monitor residents, work on building a healthy community and provide documentation including daily, weekly, and monthly reports. This role will model a healthy lifestyle and promote a safe, caring environment for women new in recovery.
The House Manager’s primary responsibility is to provide a secure environment for clients that are committed to sobriety and recovery and receiving treatment. In addition to this, the position is responsible for housing-operations support including life-skills development, logistics/coordination of client needs, and facility maintenance.
- Assist HOH Admissions Department with admissions into the recovery facility
- Develop and maintain supportive community for recovering women
- Orient newly arrived residents to house community and rules
- Maintain knowledge of safety procedures for emergency situations
- Oversee, manage, and maintain records for all safety drills
- Assists Admissions Department team to facilitate tours and inspections, as needed
- Verbally support and mentor residents about their recovery experience
- Communicate regularly with clinical team at House of Hope
- Manage relapse situations with the assistance of clinical team
- Maintain positive working relationships with staff, clients, families, referral agencies, neighbors, and other community resources
- Provide regular written recordkeeping/documentation
- Administer supervised drug screenings to residents
- Prepare rooms/living area for new residents – including but not limited to laundry, bedding, and cleaning
- Plan, organize, and lead community activities
- Plan, organize, and lead resident cleaning assignments and activities
- Facilitate a Sunday night community meeting for residents of the house
- House manager may work or attend school during the day but is expected to be supervising the house most evenings and weekends; vacations are permitted
- Will meet weekly with administration of House of Hope and attend trainings, as needed (mandatory training 2nd Monday of each month from 2-4pm via Zoom)
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Experiences, and Skillset
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Professional and/or personal experience with substance abuse treatment highly preferred
- Knowledge of sober/ recovery community resources, behavioral health programming, crisis intervention
- Working knowledge of how to perform supervised drug testing
- Values healthy direct communication; accepts and gives feedback professionally; forms relationships with those who are struggling with many challenges in a compassionate and assertive manner.
Training & Experience:
- Previous experience with substance abuse treatment is preferred; preferred experience with a treatment facility, and/or intensive outpatient (IOP) setting(s)
- Ideal candidate has personal recovery experience with no less than two years of continual sobriety; 5+ years in recovery preferred
- High School diploma or GED equivalency required
- Live rent free in fully furnished, new remodeled apartment with private entrance in recovery house in historic mansion on South Temple Street (high ceilings, new furniture, brand new kitchen and bath, free laundry, parking, and utilities; security system, on historic register); utilities paid including water, electricity, gas, google fiber, etc. This beautiful one-bedroom apartment is valued at over $1,500/month for rent and utilities.
- Non-smoking worksite: no tobacco products allowed
- Must be 21+ years old
- Must pass a background check
- Must pass a drug screenings
- If in recovery, must have at least 2+ years of continuous sobriety
- Strongly encourage that applicant be vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster) and flu annually
- Good driving record for last 4 years required as well as a valid driver’s license and personal, reliable transportation
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- BRIEF STATEMENT OF INTEREST/COVER LETTER (may be in body of email) indicating which position you are applying for with explanation of why this position interests you and the skills/talents/interests that would make you a good candidate
- THREE (3) PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES
House of Hope’s Mission:
Treating substance use disorders, rebuilding lives, strengthening families, and empowering women.
House of Hope’s Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) Statement:
House of Hope celebrates diversity by elevating empathy, encouraging inclusivity, and challenging inequity through compassion, education, awareness, and action.