Recovery Assistant – OVERNIGHT SHIFT (PROVO)
Due to licensing regulations and supervision requirements, this position is open to FEMALE APPLICANTS ONLY.
Have you been considering going into social work, women’s services, or other non-profit service organization? We are looking for a part-time Recovery Assistant at our PROVO campus. This position is an excellent entry level opportunity to get more experience in these areas. You will learn firsthand about women’s treatment, helping people grow in a therapeutic community, reunifying mothers and children, and most importantly—about your own strengths and challenges.
About House of Hope:
House of Hope (HOH), a local nonprofit, empowers women, strengthens families, and promotes recovery in our community. As Utah’s oldest treatment center, we have a long legacy of employing staff who are dedicated to the mission of spreading hope, nurturing healing, and encouraging personal growth in our colleagues, our clients, and our organization. We offer a culture of camaraderie, creativity, and collaboration as we work collectively to make a difference in the lives of the families we serve.
- Be highly motivated to learn and grow
- Be mature and dependable
- Be passionate about helping women (and their young children, ages 0-8) who are working to achieve a healthier life in recovery from substance use disorders
- Be open to feedback, willing to try new things, and enjoy multi-tasking
- Be able to model healthy human interaction, coach others on effective communication, and able to stay calm in a crisis
- Be compassionate but able to set firm limits; communicate in a calm, yet assertive manner
Qualifications, Experience, and Skillset:
- FEMALE applicants only due to the nature of licensing regulations and supervision requirements
- Be willing to drive own vehicle (with mileage reimbursement) or agency vans, have a current Utah driver’s license and a good driving record
- Understand professional ethics and boundaries in field of Human Services
- Be able to attend a mandatory staff meeting and training the 2nd & 4th Monday of each month from 2-4 pm (sorry, no exceptions)
- Have basic computer skills and writing ability
- Have good communication and phone skills
- Have above-average problem-solving skills, conflict-resolution abilities, and above all, a sense of humor!
Agency Requirements for All Employees:
- Non-smoking work site
- 21+ years old
- Background check and drug test required
- If in recovery, have at least 2+ years of sobriety
- Vaccination against COVID-19 recommended as well as seasonal vaccination against the flu
- Personal, reliable transportation and Utah driver’s license/good driving record required
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
Hours & Schedule:
Part-time. Up to 28 hours/week. May need to work some holidays (time and a half for work on HOH holidays) Night Shift: 6:00pm to 12:00am (each day of the week)
Wages & Benefits:
- $14/hour – night shifts only ($13/hour for any other shifts)
- Raise after six months of employment
- Paid training
- 401(k) dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% after one year of employment
- Employee recognition and other incentives
Send the following to email@example.com:
- STATEMENT OF INTEREST/COVER LETTER (may be in body of email)
- THREE (3) PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES
House of Hope’s Mission:
- Treating substance use disorders, rebuilding lives, strengthening families, and empowering women.
House of Hope’s Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) Statement:
- House of Hope celebrates diversity by elevating empathy, encouraging inclusivity, and challenging inequity through compassion, education, awareness, and action.
House of Hope (HOH) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on achieving the HOH mission without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability, or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.