Recovery Assistant – SLC (OVERNIGHTS)
Location: Salt Lake City
**Due to licensing and supervisory requirements, this position is open to FEMALE applicants only.***
Have you been considering going into social work, women’s services, or other non-profit service organization? We are looking for part-time (up to 28 hours per week) and full-time (between 30 and 38 hours per week) Recovery Assistants for our OVERNIGHT/GRAVE shifts at our SALT LAKE CITY campuses. The Recovery Assistant position is a terrific option for women looking for a second job, who are at school (plenty of time for homework during overnight shifts), and/or for those looking for extra money or a new career option! These positions can be very flexible in scheduling to fit your lifestyle. While we do not split shifts, you can virtually pick your own weekly schedule with a combination of as many overnight shifts per week as fits your lifestyle. Plus, we pay an extra dollar per hour for overnight shifts.
- We have shifts available each day of the week (including Saturday and Sunday) from 10:30pm – 8:30am.
You will learn firsthand about women’s treatment, helping people grow in a therapeutic community, reunifying mothers and children, and most importantly—about your own strengths and challenges.
About House of Hope:
Nestled between downtown SLC and the University of Utah, House of Hope (HOH), a local nonprofit, empowers women, strengthens families, and promotes recovery in our community. As Utah’s oldest treatment center, we have a long legacy of employing staff who are dedicated to the mission of spreading hope, nurturing healing, and encouraging personal growth in our colleagues, our clients, and our organization. We offer a culture of camaraderie, creativity, and collaboration as we work collectively to make a difference in the lives of the families we serve.
The Successful House of Hope Candidate will:
- Be highly motivated to learn and grow
- Be mature and dependable
- Be passionate about helping women (and their young children, ages 0-8) who are working to achieve a healthier life in recovery from substance use disorders
- Be open to feedback, willing to try new things, and enjoy multi-tasking
- Be able to model healthy human interaction, coach others on effective communication, and able to stay calm in a crisis
- Be compassionate but able to set firm limits; communicate in a calm, yet assertive manner
Do these qualifications match your education, experience, and/or skillset?
- Due to licensing and supervisory regulations, this position is open to female applicants only
- Be willing to drive own vehicle (with mileage reimbursement) or agency vans, have a current Utah driver’s license, and a good driving record (driving during overnight shifts are only for rare or emergency situations)
- Understand professional ethics and boundaries in field of Human Services
- Be able to attend a mandatory staff meeting and training the 2nd & 4th Monday of each month from 2pm to 4pm (sorry, no exceptions)
- Have basic computer skills and writing ability
- Have good communication and phone skills
- Have above-average problem-solving skills, conflict-resolution abilities, and above all, a sense of humor!
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
Hours & Schedule:
- Part-time (up to 28 hours per week) or Full-time (up to 38 hours per week) are both available
- Hours for this position refer to our overnight shifts: 10:30pm to 8:30am, each day of the week
- This is a non-smoking work site (no tobacco products allowed onsite)
- Must be 21+ years old
- Must be able to pass extensive background check
- Must be able to pass drug test (results are based on FEDERAL guidelines for illegal substances)
- If in recovery, must have at least 2 years of continuous sobriety
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19, including booster shot (or be willing to start the vaccination process immediately)
- Must be willing to be seasonally vaccinated against the flu
- Must have personal reliable transportation, driver’s license, and clean driving record
Wages & Benefits:
- $15/hour for overnight shifts only ($14/hour for daytime and evening shifts)
- Raise after six months of employment
- Paid training
- 401(k) dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% after one year of employment
- Ability to work on homework or other personal projects during overnight shifts (as long as duties are also attended to)
- Employee recognition and other incentives
Send the following to email@example.com:
- BRIEF STATEMENT OF INTEREST/COVER LETTER (may be in body of email – 1 or 2 paragraphs sufficient)
- THREE (3) PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES (please include email and phone numbers)
House of Hope (HOH) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on achieving the HOH mission without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability, or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.